WP SimpleWeather Plugin
WP SimpleWeather allows you to quickly and easily display the current weather at any location you enter using the Yahoo! Weather API.
I have also posted a related blog post about the WP SimpleWeather Plugin.
WP SimpleWeather is exactly what you’d expect from the name. A SIMPLE way to display weather via a wordpress plugin. It is easily installed, widgetized, with an expansive yet easy to use settings page.
The plugin currently has a number of options available on the settings page. I plan to add a variety of themes you can choose from for the widget, as well as a text box to easily edit a css file on the fly.
The WP SimpleWeather Plugin was adapted from the simpleWeather jQuery plugin by James Fleeting.
1. Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
2. Go to the ‘Plugins’ page in the menu and activate the plugin.
3. Use the WP SimpleWeather Settings page located under the ‘Settings’ menu to change your plugin options.
4. Activate the WP SimpleWeather Widget under the ‘Appearance –> Widgets’ menu, or by adding the wp-simpleweather shortcode where you wish to display the weather widget.
[ wp-simpleweather width="(integer)" float="(left/right/none)" paddingtop="(integer)" paddingright="(integer) paddingbottom="(integer)" paddingleft="(integer)"]
[ wp-simpleweather width="200" float="left" paddingtop="10" paddingright="10" paddingbottom="10" paddingleft="0"]
- Corrected an error where selecting to display only the city, without displaying the region or country, would break the widget. Thanks to Rick H. for pointing out the problem.
- Added the ability to modify celsius wind speed units from km/h to m/s.
- Changed function which removed DB settings on deactivation to the proper function to remove those settings on uninstall. Unfortunately, prior to this version, updates remove your settings. Sorry!
- Changes to initialization of options, so that default options are saved into the DB, not merely checked as if they had been saved.
- Now deletes DB entries upon deactivation for a clean uninstall.
- Minor corrections in wp-simpleweather-plain.css
- Addition of a choice of image themes. Choices added are Sketchy Weather by Azure_Sol and Weather Images Shiny by Jyrik.
- Localized all image files.
- Added shortcode implementation option.
- Minor correction to description, addition of changelog in the readme.txt file.
- Initial release.